Tuesday, March 17, 2020

An open letter from a devoted Brady fan!



I am deeply saddened to hear of Tom Brady's departure from the Patriots. Since my first Pats game on October 12, 1997, I have spent the majority of my adult life as a fan of the team. For the record, I was a fan before Tom and will be a fan after. It's just sad that his era is over. (I know there are worse things happening locally and in the world right now--this is just my current reality and not meant to compare or lessen from others' tough times.)

I know this seems like a lot for "just football." For me, this is something I am into. I enjoy the banter and conversations it sparks, and just love the game. It is my escape. I know people will judge--but that has been a benefit of being a TB fan: developing thick skin. 😀

I witnessed a team that always "came close" (1997 Super Bowl loss to GB) but could never quite win the big game, transform to the GREATEST FOOTBALL DYNASTY EVER (I dare anyone to argue with me on that one.). I watched every playoff game and every regular season game I could. I was there for all the amazing wins/moments (Snow Bowl, 28-3, Butler's interception) and the losses too (although not as many....:😀). I have had to deal with lots of positives and also lots of negatives (every "gate" under the sun!). I felt on the defense quite a bit over the years.   It became personal.

I'm so grateful to have experienced HISTORY and greatness from the beginning. Brady's story is amazing and inspiring--from being told he wasn't good enough to the GOAT! His records are remarkable and I do not imagine anyone else even close--ever. I saw one infographic that broke his career in half. He has the statistics of TWO Hall of Fame quarterbacks. Truly incredible.

I'm so thankful I took the little Largos to training camp for his last camp as a Patriot! I've had the pleasure of attending 3 of his games (and one with my kids). I named my daughter after him in 2007 and never even imagined he would still be playing at an elite level through her 12th birthday (ironically). I'm so very grateful.

Tom, I will always root for you and your future team....unless you are playing against the Patriots. 😀 Thanks for the memories and an amazing 20 years!! It's been an unforgettable ride and I am honored to have been a fan for your entire Patriots career! Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment